Header Ads

Sibulan: Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park



Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park is a natural park, surrounding Lake Balinsasayao and Lake Danao in the town of Sibulan in the province of Negros Oriental, 14.5 kilometres west of Dumaguete City.

Lake Balinsasayao is one of three crater lakes rising 1,000 feet (300 m) above sea level located within the Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park. Lake Balinsasayao, Lake Danao, and Lake Kabalin-an are part of Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park, a protected area totaling 8,016.05 hectare.



Sibulan is a neighboring town next to Dumaguete City, which is also one of the portal of Cebu guest if they are coming from Liloan Port. The town is facing Cebu Island like the neighboring town of San Jose, which is also one of portal to and from Cebu. If you know how to drive motorcycle, it’s a great option if you want to visit the also known Danao Twin Lake or Balinsasayao Twin Lakes Natural Park.

It’s not my first time to visit the place, the first time I visit the park is with my relatives from San Jose. We took boating to get to a falls in the other side of the Lake Balinsasayao. That time I seen an Eagle flying around the lake, and it was really amazing. The second time I visit the place happened this year, when I visit my grandma on her birthday. I take a solo adventure to the place, and I found it very exciting and different feeling like I felt some kind of scared on some areas of the park, I guess because of too much quietness and about 5 people only present at the lake and I felt something that’s really bother me while walking the path to the viewing deck.



Though there is some kind of scary feeling, I am really enjoying the beauty and the unique ambiance of the lake. I able to conquer the fear I felt instead when I already on the viewing deck. I met this German engineer, who also visit the place alone, and he loves travelling, and Dumaguete is the 2nd of the last place he will be visiting in the country, before he will go to Indonesia, which is his next destination.

We shared few stories when we rested and chilling at the viewing deck. Exchange of few experiences and I share him few tourist destination that is not really that known to many, since his fan to newly discover or not so well-known destination or less tourists. Before I left the viewing deck, I go near the 2nd lake, and took a few pictures, when I felt something unusual in the water, that actually make me run away from the place. I know it was so funny but I just can’t control the fear I felt that time, upon seeing that some kind of a creepy object near the water, that I can’t determine what was that, it suddenly jump in the water. The 2nd lake that can only be viewed from the viewing deck was actually have this creepy aura, maybe because of the serenity of the place and very rare that visitors will gonna come closer to the lake.



I would love to recommend this place for those people who love to be with nature. From the first lake going to the viewing deck, it will take you about 1km walk along the man-made path beside the lake. The pathways is covered with the tall old trees that are growing on the cliff beside the first lake or the known Balinsasayao lake.




No comments

Powered by Blogger.